Afternoon tea classes are held on Tuesdays 10 am – 1.30 pm and Baking classes are held on Wednesdays – 10 am – 1.30pm
The cost of my Afternoon Tea Lessons are £80.00 per person and £80.00 for Wednesday Baking Lessons. See special OFFER below for Wednesday Baking Lessons!
Email Giuliana to check availability and make a booking: [email protected]
What your Afternoon Tea Class will include:
As part of the afternoon tea class you will receive step-by-step instructions and recipes for making scones, shortbread and speciality sandwiches.
You will also receive a written reminder page of special ‘tips’ learned throughout the class.
After the baking and preparations in the kitchen, we sit down and enjoy a full afternoon tea in the sitting room (or drawing room) – see menu below. This is an ideal opportunity to practice English etiquette and conversation in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Come with a good appetite! I will also provide a doggy bag* for you to take home. *(a popular expression for samples to take home).
The Afternoon Tea Class Menu
- Classic assorted tea and pinwheel sandwiches.
- Devonshire Scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam and/or/lemon curd.
- The Classic Victoria Sandwich Cake (Victoria Sponge Cake). Scottish Shortbread
- Speciality biscuits e.g. Florentines.
- Sweet tea bread e.g. Fruit tea loaf, Banana bread or Gingerbread.
- Choice of several teas.
How to Book Any of the Classes
As spaces are limited to a maximum of eight people, it is advisable to book as much in advance as possible. Please send £40.00 a non returnable deposit to secure your reservation – balance payable on attendance. Payments may be made by cheque, direct bank transfer, PayPal:[email protected], cash or postal order (postal orders are easily available from any Post Office). Please make cheques or postal orders payable to Giuliana Orme.
Contact Giuliana to reserve your booking by emailing: [email protected]
My house is 2 minutes walk from St. John’s Wood tube station (Jubilee line). Full travel directions will be sent at time of booking.
AFTERNOON TEA Parties are available for larger groups (e.g. Hen Parties, Birthday Celebrations, Tourists) on request.
“You are invited to enjoy a full English Afternoon Tea in a private English home.”
Enjoy this very special and convivial tradition in a typically English home in St. Johns Wood, London (close to Abbey Road Studio and the famous Lord’s Cricket Ground).
It’s an ideal opportunity to enjoy this lovely old tradition in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will also learn some fascinating facts about English customs and traditions.
This can also include a scone-making demonstration or a visit to the Abbey Road Studios – or both!
Please apply directly to Giuliana to discuss [email protected]
INTERACTIVE BAKING DEMONSTRATIONS
Couldn’t resist posting this lovely message I was so thrilled to receive!
I was lucky to attend one of Giuliana’s baking courses. This isn’t your usual cooking class in a classroom; this is wonderful time spent with a lovely lady in a beautiful private house in the fashionable St John’s Wood area of London. And it’s just around the corner from Abbey Road made famous by the Beatles as well! A select group sit at Giuliana’s kitchen table and help her prepare a number of delicious dishes. Not only do you then eat them but you take away the recipes so that you can cook them back home! If you want a cooking experience as well as an insight into authentic London living I couldn’t recommend this course more highly.
Many thanks again.
Many students who have attended my afternoon tea class have requested extra baking lessons and these classes are available on:
- Wednesdays 10am -1.30 pm
- Cost = £80-00
- SPECIAL NEW YEAR OFFER for Baking Classes only – Bring a friend and pay just £70.00 per person!
Maximum 6 persons.
These classes offer a further opportunity to learn more teatime treats and desserts in a relaxed and fun atmosphere in Giuliana’s Kitchen.
You will learn either:
BAKING CLASS A – held on following dates: 18th January, 1st and 15th February 2017
- 1.Victoria Sandwich (Sponge)– Jam filled Sponge Cake named after Queen Victoria.
- 2.Sherry Fruit Trifle– A very traditional English dessert served on special occasions.
- 3.Florentine Biscuits– Luxurious, chocolate coated, crispy biscuits made with candied citrus fruits, glacee cherries and almonds.
BAKING CLASS B – 25th January, 8th and 22nd February 2017
- 1.Lemon Curd– A delicious spread made from fresh lemons. Use with scones or as a filling for a sponge cake.
- 2.Cheese Scones– A lovely savoury version of the original recipe, which make a tasty and nutritious snack.
- 3.Ritz Torte– A nutty, chewy, meringue base which is topped with whipped cream and chocolate flakes. (My family’s favourite dessert!)